I really liked chapter five because it was all about non verbal communication. I love non verbal communication because it adds so much more expression to verbal messages. One of the issues with the ever growing technological form of communication is that non verbal communication is limited. Nonverbal communication helps to make messages that people are trying to convey more expressive, and interesting to pay attention to.
Last semester I did a workshop with a group for our class project. The subject of our presentation was effective presentation skills, and I got to focus on presenting the importance of non verbal presentation skills, which included eye contact, hand gestures, movement, and posture. These skills are important in more than just presentations, they are effective in all forms of communication.
It is fascinating to me how many different ways one can communicate non-verbally. Even in images there is communication that is expressed without words. Then as the book mentions there is body movement and gestures, eye movement, proxemics, paralinguistics, and appearance among other things.
No comments:
Post a Comment