"Have you ever been influenced by a speaker? Think of the best speaker you've ever heard. What was in about that speaker that made his or her communication memorable? Think of the worst speaker you've ever heard. What do you remember about his or her message?"
One of the most influential speakers that i have heard was actually one of my Comm professors. One reason I chose Communication studies as my major was because I was so impacted by the lectures he gave. With his lectures there was never a dull moment. You could tell he was really passionate about the subjects he was teaching, and the way he spoke made the lectures exciting. He had movement, but not too much, and he was confidant, clear, and captivating.
One of the worst speakers I ever heard was so hard to understand that I never really quite figured out the topic. She seemed really nervous and spoke very quietly. The girl was giving a presentation in class, and the professor asked her to speak up, because she was not understandable, but she stayed at the level of projection that she started with and the presentation dragged on. It was painful to watch, five minutes of presentation that no one could hear or understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment