Sunday, August 5, 2012

My first Model

Pick one concept from Chapter 2, not already discussed, that you found useful or interesting and discuss it.


I liked the psychological model of communication perspective. When I took my first few communication studies classes the psychological model was something that was discussed  frequently. Im pretty sure it was the first model of communication that I ever learned about. I like it because it visually shows the precess of communication and how there is a sender and receiver and they transmit messages. The sender encodes the message, sends it though the channel (which is the medium that the message is sent through like talking, emailing, or text messaging and so on.) then the receiver has to decode the message and then replies with feedback. The diagram shows how messages can me sent back and fourth, and how noise can affect the message. I like the concept of noise, because it represents anything that can affect a message in transit. This means that other things outside of the conversation can affect or change a message. If someone calls you to tell you happy news, the message can be changes if he phone is static and you cant hear them. The happy news that you cant hear turns frustrating for you because of the interference.

No comments:

Post a Comment