Sunday, July 29, 2012

One of the methods that I find the most interesting in chapter 13 is experimental research. Cause and effect situations present themselves all the time. Even with my own life I run experiments to see if I can improve something that I feel needs improving. For example I find that I feel the need to take a nap everyday and I never feel refreshed when I wake up. So I looked at the things that could be the cause of this effect and I came up with, diet, exercize, medication, and sleep patterns all as possible causes. I experimented by changing my diet, and exercise  habbits, and was able to rule those out. Exercise does give me a boost of energy once I do it, which helps me take less naps. Next I need to try to set a daily bed time and wake up time to see if it is my sleep pattern that is  my lack of energy. Anyway I manipulated the independent variables so that I could compare them just like in experimental research! so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment