Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chapter 8


In chapter 8 a concept that I really liked was structural diversity. In structural diversity there are “teams with members from different units within the organization and with different training and knowledge”(211). I liked this concept because I have experienced this at my current job, and I will probably experience this in most of the other jobs I have. One time i had to do a group project for a class. Our teacher had us do a personality test to divide us into different categories. Then he chose a person from each category to form the group. It was like each person a a specialty to contribute to the group project. It was a great project because it applied real world scenarios of working in a group in a work environment. With everyones special skills, and knowledge combined they can accomplish the tasks at hand and get the job done, just like in structured diversity in the workplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment