Sunday, July 1, 2012


2). Do you believe in the rationality, perfectability, and mutability premises? What social institutions and practices are based on these beliefs?


I think that to some extent this idea is true. The Perfectibility section is the one that i agree with least. I think that humans might strive for perfection in some areas but not it all areas, because either its impossible, or its not that important. I also do not think that humans are born in sin. These beliefs are probably what a lot of religions are based upon. 


I do think the rationality part is right in that most people have the ability to think rationally, and make good decisions, however there are people that have the ability but they still make poor decisions. And there theres the few who do not have the ability to think rationally, like people with developmental disorders, or psychological disorders.


Lastly i do believe in the mutability premise, your environment helps to shape who you are, and every one experiences that. Work, home and social groups, all contribute to the environmental factors in peoples life, and shape a persons, psychological, and physiological self.

No comments:

Post a Comment